A 0.8 magnitude earth tremor was recorded today near Cuadrilla’s fracking site at Preston New Road on the edge of Blackpool. The event, at 12.30pm (bst), happened while fracking was taking place, the company has confirmed. It qualifies as the first red event near the site under the government’s traffic light system regulations for induced seismicity. It is also the largest seismic event near the site since fracking began on 15 October 2018.
Claire “I’ve never visited a shale gas site” Perry has now taken to handing out ‘Myth-Busting’ flyers to MP’s and correspondents. Surprisingly, for one who is so keen on exhorting us to “Follow the Science,” she ignores all the science and tells lies. Evidently science is a bit complex for her so to help her I’ve corrected all her mistakes. Incidentally Claire, when you preach in your condescending manner, telling us not to be so silly, renewables can never replace gas, why have you ignored the fact that Scottish Power has divested completely from fossil fuel and that 100% of it’s electricity is now generated by wind power?
How do United Utilities priorities our drinking water? Who gets the first guarantee of fresh clean drinking water? industry or us?
Monday 24th September, 7.30pm…. come along to New Horizons St Albans Road St Anne’s FY8 1XD and listen to the very knowledgable Marianne Birkby . Remember we live in the Bermuda Triangle of the Fylde….. Springfield nuclear site, Preston new road fracking site and gas storage under the River Wyre.
- Persuade key local elected representatives – MPs, councillors and council leaders – to speak out publicly on the issue, and to apply pressure privately to ministers to drop the proposal.
- Develop and sustain a high profile local public campaign to demonstrate overwhelming public opposition to this plan.
Representatives said the action, together with the temporary injunction won by drilling firm Cuadrilla to ban blocking of the site, is leaving them with no means of peaceful protest.Read Full Report
In this week’s listings
- Block Around the Clock camp near Cuadrilla’s Preston New Road site;
- Final week of public inquiry into Ineos shale gas plans for Marsh Lane;
- George Monbiot visits Lancashire campaigners;
- South Yorkshire regional anti-fracking strategy meeting;
- Plus meetings and information events.
With Thanks to Drill or Drop
Read Full Listing